Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Serious Question *edited*

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DarrensAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,540
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    ***If you didn't read my posts on the fc or sony boards there was a dead body found in one of the restrooms at my mother's job***

    Don't you think if a dead body was found in your place of work that you have a right to know how the person died? I would also expect the media to be involved in some kind of way. Or at least a news report of some kind.

    My moms' bosses think because it happened on private property that they don't have an obligation to tell the employees or media.

    ***edit***One it was a guy that had a seizure in the men's room and when he fell he hit his head, so that's why there was blood on the floor. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    Second he's alive They were giving out so few details and because the police were involved everyone thought he must be dead. Mind you it took the powers that be 3 days to tell the staff that. [img]mad.gif[/img]


    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 29, 2003 04:40 PM: Message edited by: DarrensAngel ]</font>

  2. #2
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    From a personal viewpoint and being a nosy sort of person [img]wink.gif[/img] , I would certainly like to know how and/or why someone died but I'm not sure whether or not there's a legal requirement for that information to be made available.

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 28, 2003 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

  3. #3
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Surely if someone is found dead in suspicious circumstances or is unexpectedly found dead then there will have to be an autopsy and a coroner's report will have to filed. Would you maybe be able to find out from the police or authorities what's happened here. I don't know all the ins and outs of the way the legal profession work either here or in the US, so I'm only guessing.

    Janie xx

  4. #4
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chai:
    Hi Oni! Sorry to hear that happened at your Mum's work. How is she? I know I'd be freaked out!

    I think they have the right to know at the very least the cause of death because if it was suspicious then the employees have the right to demand extra security and what not.

    Who runs that business? What a bad way of dealing with employees... sheesh.

    I hope your mom finds out something soon.

    Hugs -- Chai
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Agrees with everything Chai said. I would feel insecure about my security not knowing.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Oni! Sorry to hear that happened at your Mum's work. How is she? I know I'd be freaked out!

    I think they have the right to know at the very least the cause of death because if it was suspicious then the employees have the right to demand extra security and what not.

    Who runs that business? What a bad way of dealing with employees... sheesh.

    I hope your mom finds out something soon.

    Hugs -- Chai

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •